Happy Trails: A Pictorial Celebration of the Life and Times of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans
By Howard Kazanjian and Chris Enss
Roy Rogers and Dale Evans made their first movie together in 1944, and so began a dazzling partnership with a devoted public following that lasted 52 years. In this charming photographic biography, readers meet the talented young man and woman who would eventually become the royal couple of B-rated Westerns, a reign that would last more than a decade. The dynamic pair, adored by fans for both their acting and their singing abilities, costarred in 29 movies and recorded more than 200 albums together. They eventually parlayed their fame to the small screen with a half-hour television hit The Roy Rogers Show, as well as a comic book series and a long list of merchandise—including clothes, boots, and toys—bearing their names.
In these pages, rarely seen personal photos and striking publicity shots capture all aspects of Rogers’ and Evans’ life, including:
- Their rise to stardom, from the box office to Broadway
- The friendship that evolved into a marriage
- Trigger —the “golden boy” of the horse world
- Their nine adored children and the heartbreaking loss of three
- Their time spent visiting children in hospitals and orphanages
- The strong faith that held them together through the years and the challenges they faced
Happy Trails transports nostalgic readers back to a time when the good always save the day and lovers ride off together into the sunset.
Published by Trafalgar Square Books. Purchase from www.horseandriderbooks.com or wherever fine books are sold.
See this article in the July/August 2022 online edition: